I love hearing from you!

If you ask a question in your comment, please make sure to either show your email in your blogger profile, or email me directly....this is the only way that I can answer you!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

BABY JESUS NUGGET AND MANGER TUTORIAL

Welcome to today's TUESDAY TUTORIAL.  Lisa here with you today.  Its been awhile. Hope you all that celebrated Thanksgiving had a blessed time with family making memories. Personally I cooked my first Turkey in 24 years and destroyed it. Hee. I am now determined to learn how to cook a good turkey.
Getting back to today's Tutorial, I am going to walk you through, step by step, making the adorable manger and nuggets using the new digi Lori McCroskey designed

Here is Lori's example.  She printed out the brown colored manger pieces onto white cardstock and assembled.  In my tutorial I will be showing you another way to make it...printing onto colored cardstock (Kraft) and printed out the pieces that are uncolored for the manger.

Here you can see I filled up my 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Kraft cardstock with enough pieces to make 5 mangers. I put them side by side.  I will cut them apart where they touch using my paper trimmer to get a straight cut. I used the png images and arranged them in Microsoft Publisher. You just need to make sure you leave at least 1/4" from the edges because the computer will cut that much off when it prints.

Now score along the four outter tabs and in the center from the side edges.

Now fold along the score lines. I folded so the score lines of the manger will be on the bottom of this piece and the little tabs are folded so the tape will go against the printed lines....they'll get hidden when assembled.

This is optional.....I embossed the manger pieces using my Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Distressed Stripes.

After I embossed the pieces I sponged all the edges (front and back)....again this is optional. I am just giving you options. I want this to be special.

I printed out a colored manger side to use as a guide for assembling my side pieces.

I placed two strips of Score Tape to adhere the top piece.

I adhered the sides and punched holes in the one on the left to show you that I inserted gold mini brads.

Here's the backs of them to show you how I bent my brads inward so they won't show outside of the manger.

I cut my score tape in half length wise to fit my tabs.

You will find the edges of the manger match up with the side edges just right.

Here is our manger. Ready to add a filler (if you like).

I printed out my colored baby Jesus nugget wrappers onto a light weight white cardstock. You can even use copy paper.  Again I arranged them in Microsoft Publisher using the png images. I made them touch each other so I can cut them apart at one swipe with my paper trimmer on each row.

I sponged the edges of the nugget wrapper to match the sponged edges of the manger.  I also cut out another baby Jesus and sponged him.

Just place  a piece of score tape at each end on the back of the nugget wrapper.

Wrap the wrapper around your Hershey Nugget and adhere. I placed a small piece of dimensional tape on the back of my cut out Baby Jesus.

I placed some filler in my manger and topped with my Baby Jesus Nugget. This is the cutest project made so easy with Lori's digital image.  I hope you found this tutorial helpful and have fun making your own gifts for friends, family, teachers, party favors etc.

Enjoy each and every day of this blessed holiday season. 

QUESTIONS FROM COMMENTS:
One more question ... Is there a way to print out the Jesus nugget wrappers on the Avery mailing labels usually used for these types of projects instead of printing on cardstock and manually cutting out?

YesIn Word, you simply go to the Mailing tab, labels, choose label Avery 8160, create page, Insert/Picture, choose the nugget label and then fill your page by repeating the insert function or copy and paste!  So simple!


13 comments:

lifesabeach32940 said...

Lisa ~

Thank you for the incredible tutorial. I'm wondering ... can I manipulate the images as you did with Microsoft Publisher with Microsoft Word? (I am a newbie using digital images, so I am not sure how you actually separated and arranged the images. I also do not own Microsoft Publisher.) Do they come as separate images when you purchase them?


Thanks for your help!



Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

lifesabeach32940 said...

One more question ... Is there a way to print out the Jesus nugget wrappers on the Avery mailing labels usually used for these types of projects instead of printing on cardstock and manually cutting out?

Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

CanadianScraps43 said...

Love this Lisa.

Patti J said...

Lisa, thanks for the fabulous toot! Love this project. I still have the rubber stamp manger - may need to get this one instead! Hugs...

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh my gosh Lisa I have the stamp set. I have to have the manger and it would be great for the kids in church to put together. Wow thanks for sharing. AJ-

Cassie said...

Absolutely fabulous tutorial, Lisa!

Kristine said...

Hi Lisa!!! WOWIE, these are the cutest things evah *Ü* This is definitely right up my alley ~ love creating these types of things. Love that it keeps Jesus the focus at Christmas too. Sweet! Thanks so much for the tutorial and also for stopping by my blog today! (or was that yesterday? lol) The days are going so fast I can't keep up. LOVE your blog. Glad you commented so I could find you again. Hope u have a wonderful Christmas season (keep the tutes coming!) heehee *Ü*

Borqna said...

Congratulations!
Thanks so much for the tutorial and for stopping by my blog!

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa this is just gorgeous and so beautifully crafted. Love how everything work so well together. Wishing you a wonderful Monday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stacy Morgan said...

Lisa this is just the sweetest little idea. I love the design and great idea for the kids class. Awesome!!!

Melanie said...

very sweet project, Lisa!

Pat said...

I had to have this little manager set! I am wondering if you can give at least approximate measurements of the pieces as I want to cut them on my electronic cutting machine? Thanks so much!

Pat said...

Pat...again...forgot the email addy. Dflora3168@yahoo.com. Thanks!